Re: Redundancy - Necessary?

Subject: Re: Redundancy - Necessary?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:10:29 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <CarolAnne -dot- Wall -at- minnesotamutual -dot- com>

> If I wrote the following description:
> Woobbly Factor Widgets only. Displays the percentage of woobblies.
>
> would adding the following be redundant?
> Otherwise, this field and label do not display.

If the description is saying that the Woobbly Factor is only going to appear
for widgets, and that it appears in percentage form, then I'd put "Widgets
only" in very noticable boldface and I would not use an additional
explanation. "Widgets only" should convey the meaning on its own if the
concept of "<something> only" in the context of this description is
understood by the user.

Bonnie Granat
bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info
http://www.editors-writers.info