RE: What a predicament!

Subject: RE: What a predicament!
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:03:13 -0800 (PST)

> several
> posters are telling Anonymous essentially the same thing. I
> appreciate their
> good intentions, but not everyone can or wants to lighten up.
> Personally, I
> never want to get to that point of apathy where I can shrug and
> serenely do bad
> work just because someone told me to. Maybe it's an issue of

I don't think anyone is saying to roll over at the point opportunity.
However, there is a point where nothing you can do will change
anything.

Around here, with me, that happens two ways.

1) when in a discussion setting, such as conference call, I'll push
and push until my boss looks at me and in that "boss-voice", says
"ENOUGH, John!" I know I'ved reached that point.

2) when in a writing setting, I'll put my thoughts, my
justifications, my alternatives, and my reasoning "on paper". I
submit it to everyone who might care.

If they see it my way, good. If not, I gave it my best shot and I
then decide what do so next...agree, not agree and do it their way,
or not agree and move on.

Anon made the mistake of fighting it after the "half inch" of stuff.
Best shot, no score, next windmill.

As has been said...it's not brain surgery and nobody is going to care
after they've drunk (drank? drinked?) their fill of beers.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/15
Resume: http://www.tdandw.com/Resume_Posada_022202.doc