Re: ISO follies

Subject: Re: ISO follies
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:33:07 -0800 (PST)

Well, Alex, I don't know what to tell you. It is certainly not an ISO
requirement that ISO documentation be done in any particular font or size.
Frankly, your ISO documentation doesn't even have to be done well. It just has
to match what you claim your processes are, and you have to be able to prove it
by other documentation showing that you are following documented processes.

As far as the templates being mandated or the styles being required for
processes that aren't part of the ISO certification documentation, well it all
sounds like internal politics. If you have a manager to whom you can unburden
yourself and who will support you in your disagreements, that will be your best
bet. If it's just you against her, and she's not listening to what you think is
reason, then it all comes down to who has the power, doesn't it?

I'm not sure this is very helpful, but sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html
Page Last Updated 02/27/02
{Your pithy comment here. Contact me to find out how <g>}

http://sports.yahoo.com