HELP: intranet search training activity

Subject: HELP: intranet search training activity
From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:01:47 -0800

First, Happy Birthday to TECHWR-L!! Eric (and Deb), no words can express my
personal appreciation for this listserv (and the Web site) and all your hard
work. May TECHWR-L continue on successfully for nine more years times 100!

Now, my question...

I've been given a fun assignment. I have one example format to follow, plus
I've just put a call in to ASTD's Customized Research Assistance hotline.
However, I learn so much from all of you, that I also wanted to mine the
gold fields of your collective experience.

I'm creating a very hands-on intranet exercise for 20 training participants.
Basically, we want the attendees to answer questions by finding information
pages on the intranet by themselves. (This session occurs two days after an
intranet overview session.) The format our corporate training department
uses with new hires is:

1. Find the Benefits page. Write down the path you followed to get
there:_________________
2. Find our latest press release. Write down the path you followed to get
there:____________
(etc.)

If you have any different (and creative) ideas, please let me know ASAP. I
am limited to hardcopy documentation. I wish I could put things in an online
format, but we're creating paper training guides only.

Thank you so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jenise Cook-Crabbe
Sr. Technical Writer
Pacific Life Insurance Co.
jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com
See the river flow
In a long unbroken line
On the field of snow
Winter haiku by