Password protected archived WP documents

Subject: Password protected archived WP documents
From: Consultcarver -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:11:57 EST

My assignment is to restore, and redesign for online Help, application system
documents that were archived in 1991. They were written in WordPerfect and
password protected, (why, I don't know). I am using Word, which can usually
convert WP documents, but I'm getting the error message "Cannot convert
password protected documents." I don't have WordPerfect. Any ideas how I can
get these files into Word?

Thanks, Jan

Carver & Associates
Performance Support Consultants