RE: Occupational hazard - carpal tunnel

Subject: RE: Occupational hazard - carpal tunnel
From: "Lydia Wong" <lydiaw -at- fpoint -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:27:41 -0500

Annamarie asked about carpal tunnel stories.

I won't get into the boring details about mine, but here are a few things I

- Everyone is different. What works for someone else might not work for you.
Don't get discouraged; keep trying different things.

- Yoga--yes!!

- Physical therapy--YES!!

- Ergonomic workspace--yes!! (Changing my chair helped a lot! I like my
optical mouse, but YMMV.)

- Keep talking with people and doctors. After my initial diagnosis, I met a
woman who worked with a neurologist, and she had some different insights
into my problems. Fortunately, I'm managing my CT, so I didn't go see the
neurologist, but this points out that CT is a complex syndrome.

Good luck! I hope you find, as I have, that you can manage this without the
need for surgery or medication.

Lydia Wong
Technical Writer
FarPoint Technologies, Inc.

Occupational hazard - carpal tunnel: From: Annamarie Pluhar