RE: Wizard for Creating Business Documents?

Subject: RE: Wizard for Creating Business Documents?
From: Keith Cronin <kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:10:33 -0500

Annamaria wrote:
>These are $100,000 solutions! There has to be something cheaper. A few
>years back we did a pharma sales aid that could be constructed on the fly
>from plug and play template elements. (Pharma text has to be
>pre-approved.) But I don't have access to the technology now. Maybre
>someone on the list has a cheaper solution?

You must be reading the pricing differently than I am. This stuff is not
cheap, but for single users it's priced along the lines of FrameMaker. For a
busy proposal manager that's not an unreasonable price to pay.

http://www.pragmatech.com/products/Prices.htm
http://www.santcorp.com/products/pricing.asp

These are not purchases I would rush into. Both companies have sales teams
that will work with you to find appropriate solutions - I found they were
both motivated and responsive. Check them out, and decide if it's worth it.
I decided against it, but could see myself buying one of these tools in a
busier, stronger market. YMMV.

- Keith Cronin

I figure if I drink less beer, then the terrorists win.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign!
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/