Software that retrieves developer comments from code

Subject: Software that retrieves developer comments from code
From: "Cara O Sullivan" <cara_osullivan -at- modusmedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:35:43 -0700

Dear TechWR-L List:

We are trying to tighten up our release notes process and provide more
detailed, accurate information about bug fixes and new features. (I might
add that our company has a LONG way to go in understanding how bug fixes and
new enhancements should be documented somewhere along the way so writers and
testers know where to look for new features and things that have been
fixed--but I digress . . ..) One of the things we are considering is
reviewing all developer comments in the code.

Is there a software package out there that can retrieve developer comments
from code and does it easily and cleanly? Our developers provide in-house
customizions of Peoplesoft (previously known as Vantive) and IFS vendor
software.

(Checked the archives and couldn't find anything on this topic.)

Cara O'Sullivan
Documentation Writer
QA Testing & Deployment Group
Global Software Development, P&T