Re: Subject: Companies using DOS or Windows 3.1

Subject: Re: Subject: Companies using DOS or Windows 3.1
From: <gdwarner -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:04:40 -0500

Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:

(*snip*)

> For example, I remember hearing a few
years ago of one of the
> world's largest hotel chains running on
286s, and I know for a fact that
> Elections Canada used old 286s in the last
election but one, carefully
> saved to keep costs down.
>
> Anyone else have any examples?

Well, most of the branches of Bank o' America
here in Washington seem to have an awful lot
of old Macintoshes. I'm not talking Performas
here ..., nor am I talking Mac Classics or
SE/30s. I'm talking Mac Plus.

I don't know what they use them for, but I've
noticed they've begun 'upgrading' them -- to
Dells (see
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchiv
es/300.html)

Heh.

Interestingly, I've never seen anyone actually
use one, now that I think about it ....

--gdw
> --
> Bruce Byfield 604.421.7177
bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com

"... We have no patience and thus must
upgrade bi-weekly. Love hurts but computers
Megahertz. Give me Disco Dancing Doofi or
give me Death."
--Excerpt from the Wintellian Prayer, by R.
Fovell (http://home.pacbell.net/rfovell)

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign!
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/