Re: Text shift when printing a CHM

Subject: Re: Text shift when printing a CHM
From: David Castro <thetechwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 04:36:29 -0800 (PST)

> I have a CHM file that I created in version 7 of Robohelp HTML.
>
> When I select to print all the topics within a book on the TOC, the text
> shifts farther to the right on each page. By page 10 the text is a narrow
> column at the right margin. How can I print without this happening?

Aha! Finally, a .chm file problem for which I remember the answer! It's been so
long since I've worked with them that I tend to remember having had the same
problems as people post about, but usually can't remember what the solution
was....

In this case, you likely have some unterminated <ul> and <ol> tags in your
documentation. While the HTML renders just fine on a particular page, when you
string more than one page together (as when you are printing all files in the
TOC), the indentation issue arises.

I wrote an application using Delphi to locate the files that had unterminated
<ul> and <ol> tags, but I just looked through my old projects, and couldn't
find it. You could probably check out some of the HTML validating programs out
there, and I'll bet most of those could help you to find them.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, let me know, as I may be able to remember
more if you can give me more details.

-David Castro
email -at- davidcastro -dot- com
http://www.davidcastro.com