Conference speakers and free admission

Subject: Conference speakers and free admission
From: David Castro <thetechwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:55:22 -0700 (PDT)

Jan C. Wright said:

> Winwriters treats their speakers very nicely -- I don't think they pay at
> all, and get an honorarium if they are "well known." Plus one year I know
> everyone who spoke got a free copy of RoboHELP, major benefit. Winwriters
> was one of the most technically-how-to-get-it-done conferences I have ever
> been to. How to get a tool to work, and what breaks the tool, as well as
> how-to-make-it-good sessions abound.

I can testify from experience that this year, they both let speakers in free
($1,295 value) and paid speakers regardless of their level of notoriety. I
hadn't spoken at more than an STC meeting before my presentation there
month-before-last, and they paid me $200 to participate in a presentation with
two other presenters (on--big surprise--using JavaServer Pages to enhance
online help).

And, if you attended the eHelp dinner, you got a free copy of RoboHELP
Enterprise 2002.

They treated me really well. Matthew Ellison is a wonderful coordinator. He was
prompt in responses to all of my queries, and made the whole thing a very
enjoyable experience.

-David Castro
email -at- davidcastro -dot- com
http://www.davidcastro.com