Adios Amigos

Subject: Adios Amigos
From: "Tom Johnson" <johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:10:37 -0500

> Regarding the dreaded call to the slaughterhouse - er, the
> boss's office,
> I feel your pain. We're in the same boat here. Good luck.
>

> Keith Cronin
> Layoff-free for 146 days

Well, my premonition was dead-on. I've been laid off. Tomorrow will be my
last day working for my current employer. I want to thank everyone for the
advice, entertainment and humor over the past years. I think I signed on in
'95 so it has been seven years. In all probability, I'll be migrating to a
new career and I'm looking forward to the change.

I specifically want to thank several people that I respect for their
guidance, support and encouragement over the years. I know I'm going to
forget one or more names, but here I go: Arlen Walker, Arlen Walker again
since he's redundant, Elna Tymes, Geoff Hart, Andrew Plato, Bruce Byfield,
John Posada, Tom Murrell, Dick Margulis, David Castro and Keith Cronin
(probably the last one to make it on my list because he's still a newbie in
my book). Please don't feel slighted if I left your name of the list, I
wouldn't have hung around if there weren't dozens of people who were making
life better for other technical writers.

Have fun you guys and I'll let you know if and when I get back. Hopefully
I've been able to help some people, but I doubt it was as much as I've
gained from the list because of so many wonderful people.

Lay-off free for one and a half hours

Tom Johnson
thomasj -at- freeway -dot- net