RE: Tech Writing for Seniors

Subject: RE: Tech Writing for Seniors
From: "Erb, Isis" <isis -dot- erb -at- ipc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:42:01 -0400

<snip>
However, the fact that no power lights were on on the PC, no
screen, no fans, no disk noise, and a power
failure, you think the guy might have mentioned this to the tech.
"Yes, the computer is turned on."
<snip>

Same thing happened to me when I used to work as Tech Support for an ISP in
Vermont. The guy was ranting and raving at me - we apparently had broken his
computer (according to him). Or more specifically, our installation floppy
disks had done the damage. The long and short of it was that he was in the
middle of an electrical storm that had knocked out his power...only took 15
minutes of his screaming at me to determine that he had no electricity.
D'oh!

And we also told all new hires that story (among others)...and there are
some great stories out there!

Isis