Re: Pros and Cons of HTML tools

Subject: Re: Pros and Cons of HTML tools
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:22:21 -0700 (PDT)

> I can only speak of the merits of FP2000 vs FP98.
>
> FP98 was a horror story. I hated it. I had to use tricks to make
> the thing keep my HTML code the way I wrote it.
>
> FP2000 improved in that:

FP2002 improved over 2000 even more in that respect

> Depending on how complex the site you'll be working on is, and
> whether they
> are pretty strong on FP, you might like FP better, in this
> situation.
>
> The main problem with FP is that you have to install server
> extensions to
> get any of the features to work, but if you are contracting to an

You are free to incorporate VB, CGI, JS, or Java to do things that
the extensions perform. The extension are only an alternate way of
peforming some of the same thing without programming experience. If
you are comfortable with programming, extensions are moot.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/30
Resume: http://www.tdandw.com/Resume_Posada_022202.doc