Re: Salaries

Subject: Re: Salaries
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:38:06 -0700 (PDT)

Emma...there is very little that I can contribute to your
questions...except...
> I got the interview through an employment agency and they informed
> me that
> all discussions about salary should take place through them. My
> first
> mistake was listening to them?:) I got the job, but at £4k less

Here in the colonies...if you get a job through an angency, you work
FOR the agency...you work AT the client. The subject of money or rate
should never come up between you and the client, only between you and
the agency.

If you got less than you NOW think you should get, it is only because
you didn't have an understanding of what the position should be
paying...you took what the agency offered.

Knowing "what a greographical" area pays is not the DEFINING factor
in payment rate...it is only a factor, and not in the most important
top three. They are"

1) What can you convince them you are worth?
2) How much do they need what you have?
3) What is the rate range for your proferssion?

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/30
Resume: http://www.tdandw.com/Resume_Posada_022202.doc