Re: A question for you all ...

Subject: Re: A question for you all ...
From: "etymes -at- lts -dot- com" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 21:38:05 -0700

Do you write proposals?

Yes.

IF NO:

* Would you ever consider writing proposals? * Why/why not?

IF YES:

* What type of proposals do you write? For example, proposals for
grants, for hi-tech projects, for sales and marketing depts, etc., etc.
Proposals for new contracts with businesses, proposals for government contracts (a whole 'nuther animal!), proposals for new documents or sets of documents, proposals for new projects, occasionally grant proposals.

* How did you get into proposal writing?
Necessity. If you're a contractor, you usually develop a proposal as part of the initial stages of negotiation with a client.

* What appeals to you most about writing proposals?

They're finite (although government proposals tend to want TONS of extraneous material - I'm working on one right now that wants three years of business tax returns, complete with all schedules, plus three years of personal tax returns, plus evidence that we own the company, evidence that we capitalized it 9 years ago, resumes of all the principals, etc.). They have an objective, an outline of what you're going to do, a set of conditions, some legal language, a proposed schedule and milestones for payment, and a place for signatures.
Elna Tymes, president
Los Trancos Systems

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr