RE: Recent unusual interview experiences

Subject: RE: Recent unusual interview experiences
From: "Kieffer, Barry" <barry_kieffer -at- mentorg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 08:18:16 -0700

Standing up and walking out on an interview proves that the candidate was not a professional.

Even if the interviewer is asking ridicules questions, be a professional and try to answer them as best you can. If you discover during the interview that you are not interested in the position, see the interview to its end. Both parties have already committed the time. Besides, tech writing is a small world, and you never know how your actions might influence another interview - we tech writers do gossip during STC and other get together. It would be a shame to have your name come up in conversation about the candidate who "ran away during the interview" to "go cry in the bathroom".

My buck-three-eighty. . .

.barry.