Re: HTML-format e-mail newsletters?]

Subject: Re: HTML-format e-mail newsletters?]
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:43:59 -0700 (PDT)

> The trouble with HTML e-mail is that, because
> there's no standard among
> mail readers, what looks good in Outlook can look
> like garbage in Eudora,
> Netscape Mail, etc. It's challenging, but not
> impossible, to design Web
> pages that meet the standard and look good in all
> major browsers; adding
> mail readers to the mix makes it impossible.
>
> Opinions, anyone? (Opinions? Here? Don't be
> ridiculous.)

Good points Mike. I tend to agree that it's better to
send plain text e-mail than any other format. Why?
Maximizes the likelihood that the recipient can read
it. Ever see those nasty "This message was sent in
MIME format. I've tried to translate it for you to
read but it didn't work. Here's about 12 pages worth
of random characters for you to stare at." messages
from your mail client? Ever get annoyed at the &=20
and such symbols peppered through an e-mail sent vis
Outlook? Ever get an HTML e-mail where all you see is
the markup? I get them all the time. It may be a bit
"stone-age" of me to say, but PLAIN TEXT ROCKS!

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l