Re: About Themes for Fake Names

Subject: Re: About Themes for Fake Names
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:51:17 -0400

Dick Margulis wrote:
> Oh man, that's so Mickey Mouse! <g> [For those who don't get the joke, Disney is famous for aggressively suing people over the use of their characters.]
> Here's a thought: Why don't we create an OFFICIAL TECHWR-L LIST OF FAKE NAMES for the use of anyone who wants it. This could include parodied famous names (US courts have held that parodies are protected; I don't know how well this hold up internationally); volunteered--and released--names of actual techwrlers (for those who seek cheap fame); parodied names of famous ex-techwrlers; add your own category here.

OK here are some I have used. You supply the category.
Albert Me
I. Fiddle
I.M. Roman
Jesse Hernow
Kara Mia
Mary Quickly
Peter Outer
Sandy Beech
Sara Bellum
Seymour Hare
Warren Piece
Willie Doit

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity,"
- Einstein-

RE: About Themes for Fake Names: From: Dick Margulis