upgrade fears

Subject: upgrade fears
From: "Al Friend" <afriend -at- howelllabs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:48:50 -0400

I'm getting this sinking feeling that my arm will soon be twisted to
upgrade from my W98 box, which I'm used to despite its foibles. I've read
the upgrade horror stories associated with Frame and other programs over the
past couple of years.

I'm running FM+SGML v5.5.6, as well as Acrobat 4.0.5c and various graphix
programs. Office + Word would presumably be upgraded along with the box.

Among the various Windows versions, which one should I hold out for? And
what level of speed, RAM, etc.? Other features?

Al Friend
Safety Officer, Technical Writer/Editor, Document Control Coordinator
Howell Laboratories, Inc. & Shively Labs
Bridgton, Maine USA