RE: On-line vs. print (WAS: Of myth and reality)?

Subject: RE: On-line vs. print (WAS: Of myth and reality)?
From: "Larry Sherman" <lsherman -at- documentology -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:38:59 -0400

Rebecca Downey wrote:

<< ...I have found the most-preferred online help systems are well-designed
documents that require
only formatting changes to go from print to online...>>

I heartily agree. My last two major user manuals have been delivered as PDF
(for client printing) and HTML Help for on-line use. By adapting SAT (System
Approach to Training) methods, I have been able to develop manuals that are
highly granular and equally happy as printed documents or online help. This
careful approach to document organization is, IMHO, the only way to achieve
single-sourcing.

Larry Sherman
Head Documentalist, Documentology

I sig at thy feet and learn, o master Cronin

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com