RE: You will be assimilated...now what?

Subject: RE: You will be assimilated...now what?
From: "Lakritz, Andrew M." <Andrew -dot- Lakritz -at- Ruesch -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:49:25 -0400

In the last few years this has happened to me twice. In my case, there was
never anything I could do (on the inside) to survive. In the case of one
company I worked for, even the CEO and Founder had lost complete control to
his board and the investment teams making the hard decisions. In the case of
the other company, the CEO, CFO, and 75 percent of the company also were
gone within a few months of the big shakeout.

The most important thing I did was work on, in advance (this is the right
time, or yesterday was in your case), an exit strategy. Or two. Having a job
offer in hand made the shake out (where half the company's employees lost
their positions) a bit easier to take.

Your case will be different, of course, but I would stress that you are NOT
powerless in the largest sense, even if you may be unable to do something to
keep your current position. It's impossible for me to tell you from outside
what you can do inside to enhance your job security.

Good luck,

Andrew Lakritz