RE: Do I have a right to feel POed??

Subject: RE: Do I have a right to feel POed??
From: "Anameier, Christine A - Eagan, MN" <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:38:00 -0400

"Crass Bob" asked, among other things, this rhetorical question:
> For example, if a tiny company with just a few employees has to
> add everything required to comply with the disability act, and
> the cost is so much that it impacts the company, is this fair?

In response, Sean Brierley asks:
> Is there a tech-writing tie-in here? Clearly, you can support
> many sides of this argument with rational opinions but, at
> the end of the day, you're not going to resolve these issues here.

The main tech writing tie-in that I can identify here is "RTFM" (or its web
equivalent, STFW).

Anyone who wants to take a swipe at the Americans with Disabilities Act and its
effects on small business should first do a Google search on the string "ADA
'small companies'"... the very first hit is a long article explaining the
ramifications of the ADA for small businesses, including a discussion of the
"reasonable accommodation" issue. In a nutshell, a tiny company would most
likely NOT have to overhaul their entire operation to make it accessible because
doing so would cause "undue hardship."

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com