RE: Do I have a right to feel POed??

Subject: RE: Do I have a right to feel POed??
From: "Anameier, Christine A - Eagan, MN" <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:38:00 -0400

"Crass Bob" asked, among other things, this rhetorical question:
> For example, if a tiny company with just a few employees has to
> add everything required to comply with the disability act, and
> the cost is so much that it impacts the company, is this fair?

In response, Sean Brierley asks:
> Is there a tech-writing tie-in here? Clearly, you can support
> many sides of this argument with rational opinions but, at
> the end of the day, you're not going to resolve these issues here.

The main tech writing tie-in that I can identify here is "RTFM" (or its web
equivalent, STFW).

Anyone who wants to take a swipe at the Americans with Disabilities Act and its
effects on small business should first do a Google search on the string "ADA
'small companies'"... the very first hit is a long article explaining the
ramifications of the ADA for small businesses, including a discussion of the
"reasonable accommodation" issue. In a nutshell, a tiny company would most
likely NOT have to overhaul their entire operation to make it accessible because
doing so would cause "undue hardship."

Christine

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com