Re: Book Recommendation? technical illustrations and screenshots

Subject: Re: Book Recommendation? technical illustrations and screenshots
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:23:03 -0600

Craig asks:

> Does anyone have a favorite book of tips/guidelines for creating effective
> screenshots and technical illustrations for software documentation and
> training?

Sun's "Read Me First! A Style Guide for the Computer Industry" has a very
helpful and thorough chapter on working with illustrations, and Parker's
"Looking Good in Print" has some excellent insights as well.

Keith Cronin

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com