RE: Career Upgrade

Subject: RE: Career Upgrade
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:33:29 -0600

Hang on to your job, and start taking notes about the job requirements you
see for jobs that interest you. Then take a class or two in whatever
technologies crop up most in the want ads that tickle your fancy.

The job market in the industry you say you want to get into sucks right
now, so maybe you can wait out the slump while taking classes that will
enhance your marketability. There is, of course, no guarantee as to how
long this slump will last. So like I said, hang on to your gig!

-Keith Cronin

Tech writing: Something to do between layoffs.

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com