Re: Check the checker

Subject: Re: Check the checker
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:44:29 -0400

> I spoke to my manager, who is also their manager, telling him that because
> of this error checking, what should take 30 minutes per form, is taking
> almost an hour and when you get 10 to 15 per day, that difference means
> alot. He sympathizes and tells them almost every day to watch the stupid
> errors.

You could ask your manager to add the time error-checking requires to the
project plans and schedules. If the errors are going to continue, it seems
that the project design and schedule should accurately reflect the work
being done and the time that work takes.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.editors-writers.info

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com