German

Subject: German
From: Beena V Katekar <Beena -dot- Katekar -at- kshema -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:23:30 +0530

With reference to my earlier mail, I have one more query! (may be my
collegues in Germany will be able to help me)

As i am tranlsating the key terminologies to german 2 queries come up:

1. what should be the criteria to decide which terminologies to be retained
in english?(e.g. DataOwner should be retained as same or should be converted
to German)

2. If, We germanize the english terminologies, will all the terms take
article "Das"?(e.g. Das DataOwner)
How to decide the article?(As i spoke to 2 native german collegues"there is
no fixed rule as such". what needs to be done in this case? )

Regards,
Beena

***************

Hi All

I have written a manual and help for Industrial automation application. This

application supports the multiplelanguages. Now I need to translate the key

terminologies to germany(time being).

But my key board doesn't support special alphabets of german/ french, Is

there any software(free downloads) available which let me work on multiple

languages, without affecting default language setting (english) of computer?

Reagards,

Beena

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com