Re: Remember secretaries? (was RE: Proof that content is moreimportant than style)

Subject: Re: Remember secretaries? (was RE: Proof that content is moreimportant than style)
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:52:18 -0800

> ...I'd agree with the generalization that
> programmers can't write very well. It's not always true, but in
> my experience, most programmers *don't* write that well, and in fact
> don't *like* to write. Programmers prefer to program...

...and hairdressers prefer to dress hair, and shoe salesmen prefer to sell shoes, and ...

In any group, some are going to be able to write well, and some aren't.

That doesn't mean there's any relationship between one's "day job" and one's ability to write.

--David

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

Now with fully integrated cross-references, target frames and windows,
multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com