RE: Logo selection, a cautionary tale - extending Re: Font Selection Process

Subject: RE: Logo selection, a cautionary tale - extending Re: Font Selection Process
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:16:04 -0800

I had a similar experience. Our ad agency picked a logo that didn't
translate well to the web because of both color and design. Plus, it was
a mile long and didn't reduce well to a smaller size. 16-color palette?
Forget it. It seemed like we needed more than 64-million! We put it on
golf shirts, and in order to get the graphical part of the design to the
right size, we had to distort the type. It looked absolutely terrible.

If I ever have the opportunity to participate in that process again, I
will definitely share my prior experience with the decision maker. It
seems to be one of those things that you ONLY learn with experience.

Lisa