Blogging Resources

Subject: Blogging Resources
From: "Regina Heater" <rsheater -at- mooncloud -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:41:40 -0500

I've had my blog since October of 2001. Email me privately if you'd like
the link.

If you're interested in learning more about weblogs and blogging, here are
some resources:

Meg Hourihan, who helped developed the technology behind Blogger
(http://www.blogger.com), wrote this column for O'Reilly in response to all
of the mainstream coverage of blogs:

What We're Doing When We Blog
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascript/2002/06/13/megnut.html

Her blog is found at http://www.megnut.com and features a link to her book
_We Blog_.

The Wall Street Journal covered blogging in November with this article:
http://www.waxy.org/random/html/wsj_findablog.html

MSNBC has Weblog Central: http://www.msnbc.com/news/809307.asp

As for software, I use Moveable Type. http://www.moveabletype.org

And for a comparison between a journal and a blog:

Journal: http://www.xeney.com/index.html (no comments/feedback; no links)

Blog: http://www.worldwiderant.com/

I believe blogging is about community and connection. I don't have
delusions about being a celebrity; I know I'm still just me in NJ typing
away. I write a column on most Thursdays about theology as a writing
exercise for myself; I visit other blogs; I've gotten some support through
some particularly difficult times. Mostly, it's helped me the way any paper
journal would -- by giving me a place to sort out my thoughts on any number
of things. With the added benefit of "What Operating System Are You?"
memes/stress breakers.

Regina

Regina Heater| rsheater -at- mooncloud -dot- net

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com