RE: ADMIN: Don't start down this road

Subject: RE: ADMIN: Don't start down this road
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:39:20 -0500

Ahem!.... Is there anybody on this list who works as
a technical communicator in the northern third of
the Province of New Brunswick, Canada? Do any listmembers
KNOW, or KNOW-OF anybody?

Please respond privately, and I'll tally.

My point ( unless dozens of affirmative responses shoot
holes in my contention, but I don't expect any...) is
that I live and work where I do because this is where
the jobs are, and NOT back in the old home town, in the
old home province, where I believe jobs in my niche are
generally unavailable.

That is, I agree with Andrew's observation, and I consider
myself to be a prime example of what a sensible, responsible
person does about such a situation. If you wanna be a
tech writer, you go where the techwriter jobs are. If the
perceived costs (economic, emotional, etc.) of following the
opportunities are greater than the perceived costs of
finding/making a different living (in order to remain where
you now live), then so be it.
You go, or you stay, based on a personal evaluation of the
relative merits.

So, let's hear from those northern New Brunswick techwhirlers
who will prove me wrong. :-)

Again, privately, please. I'll summarize.

/kevin

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com