seeking good design doc formats

Subject: seeking good design doc formats
From: "Emily Goodin" <emily -dot- goodin -at- alignmentsoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:47:21 -0700

Hi all,
The (small) company I work for doesn't currently have a standard format for their product "line item" design documents and I would like to recommend a good format/structure to them as we begin developing our next product release.  My particular interest, of course, is to make sure that "externals" changes are described to help me in my documentation development, but overall design doc format ideas would be great, too.
Emily Goodin
Alignment Software, Inc.
Superior, Colorado
emily -dot- goodin -at- alignmentsoftware -dot- com

single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com