RE: Technical Writing Tests

Subject: RE: Technical Writing Tests
From: "Erika Yanovich" <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:18:24 +0200

Laurie,

Forget about the nonsense tests you'll find in the archives (I was given a test once for explaining to aliens how to boil an egg!). What we use here is company specific (so it won't help you), but the idea is that we explain about a simple product, give the candidate the actual product and a few examples of written material (data sheets) of similar products. The candidate is expected to write a data sheet based on the above (real work situation).

Some reminders: the above mentioned test does not replace, but complements interviews, examples and references.

Good luck.

Erika

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com