RE: Speaking of cookbooks...

Subject: RE: Speaking of cookbooks...
From: "Erika Yanovich" <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:21:22 +0200

I know that according to fashionable theory, cookbooks are supposed to give exactly the amount of info needed to perform specific tasks - nothing more, nothing less. Personally, I find this annoying because after I perform the task according to the book I remain with nothing, no deeper knowledge of the underlying reasons/technology, no added value. I don't like performing a task without understanding why or how can I do it better next time. Cookbooks are for people who don't want to think - fish instead of fishing rod. So maybe you can add some links to other books/sources where this kind of additional info is available.

single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com