Re: Modify/Edit/Save button name

Subject: Re: Modify/Edit/Save button name
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:50:19 +0100

Hadn't thought of "Apply". That could also work.
How about "Update"?

"Apply" begs the question "what to what"? Am I applying something to the record? What? Am I applying the record to something? To what?

The answer is, of course, that I'm applying changes to the record, but the possibility of confusion alone seems to make "Save" a better choice.

"Update" would work as well but appears to offer no advantages over "Save".

Jan Henning

Jan Henning
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web:

single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com

RE: Modify/Edit/Save button name: From: Rob Partridge