Re: Maximum File Size For Word Documents

Subject: Re: Maximum File Size For Word Documents
From: "Robert E. Simanski" <rsimanski -at- yourpubpro -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:19:38 -0500

At 08:04 AM 3/26/2003 -0800, dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com wrote:

If millions of people use a piece of software for years and years, over multiple revisions, they must regard its use as beneficial; otherwise, they'd stop using it.

If that were the case, we would have all been using Ami Pro as our word processor years ago. It could handle large volumes of any size and it was almost impossible to break or crash the program. I still continue to use it for my personal work. I would use it for all of my proposal development work as well if my clients didn't require Word files.

Microsoft came to dominate the office productivity market eight or 10 years ago not because it had the best software, which it didn't, but because it was safe for decision-makers to buy Microsoft, just as it was safe to buy IBM in the mainframe days. The saying used to be that nobody ever got fired for buying IBM. Now it's that nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft.

Robert E. Simanski, Owner, Business Pro Services
Publications * Web sites * Proposals * Computer Support
751 South Sugarland Run Drive, Sterling, VA 20164-1328
Voice: 703-404-8665 Fax/Data: 703-404-8156
rsimanski -at- yourpubpro -dot- com * www.businessproservices.com

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com