Re: certification

Subject: Re: certification
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:04:14 -0700

Dick Margulis wrote:

But seriously, I don't think the STC could be depoliticized enough to gain the trust of the people who have been bashing it as irrelevant all these years. I would think that this would have to come from a new organization that forms organically from a nucleus of interested techwr-l members. Credibility would attach when respected organizations like IEEE, PMI, PDMA, and the PR org that was mentioned yesterday but whose name I forgot cooperated in the development of the credentialing criteria and process and eventually endorsed the resulting standard.

Good point. Another reason why the STC wouldn't be suitable (aside from its inability to fight its way out of a paper bag with a roadmap, a compass and a knife) is that it's too diffuse a body. Developing criteria for certification or accreditation, then promoting the idea and making it accessible would require a very focused effort. An organization designed especially for these purposes would probably have greater chances of success.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"I have never yet known a man admit that he was either rich or asleep: perhaps the poor and the wakeful man have some great moral advantage."
- Patrick O'Brian, "Master and Commander"

Purchase RoboHelp X3 in April and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com