RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other threads)

Subject: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other threads)
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 08:35:53 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Gillespie, Stephen (Contractor)" <Stephen -dot- Gillespie -at- Persnet -dot- Navy -dot- Mil>

> Well, I believe this is a 'simplistic' way of thinking. Good intentions are
> not always rewarded with respect and financial gain.

No, they're not. And a smart person can identify these situations early and
either get away from them or manipulate them such that do reward them. A
cog-in-the-machine just lets people take advantage of the

> Well, Andrew a 40-hour work week (norm) certainly isn't all that I would
> envision as 'utopian'. But if you think 50 hours, week in/out, is great, why
> are you working for yourself? - man, you're the 'ideal corporate employee'
> (my old employer is looking for YOU!).

I work for myself because I refuse to work for morons. I'd rather work 90 hours
a week for myself than 10 for somebody so stupid, they should be ground up into
hot dogs. And unfortunately, most large organizations reward and encourage
mediocrity and obedience.

Andrew Plato

http://search.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.