Re: Per-job rate?

Subject: Re: Per-job rate?
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 10:15:57 +0100

Dave,

I have recently done some freelance 'journalism' on subjects near to an area of expertise and, here in the UK, the going rate is about £200 per thousand words. As an SME, you are probably going to be able to produce the words at a similar or faster rate rate than I did, so you would be making good use of your time at an equivalent rate in the local currency.

If it is US, taking into account cost of living differences I would pitch at around $200-225 per thousand, so about $1,500 per pamphlet.

Gene's rationale also works for me.

Best regards,
Ant

DaveC wrote:

I've been offered an opportunity to do 7,000-word pamphlets in my area of expertise. A per-pamphlet flat-rate has been offered. Having been contracted on a hourly and salary rate, I'm a bit at a loss to know what rate to negotiate toward.

I know there are so many variables here (geographic area, etc.), but is can some of you give me an idea where to start?

Thanks,
Dave

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.
FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com