Re: Interview Process -- This is kinda long

Subject: Re: Interview Process -- This is kinda long
From: Gabrielle Kirsch <gabrielle -dot- kirsch -at- wamu -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:06:05 -0700

When I was in a similar situation for a contract job, it turned out that there was considerable in-house discussion about whether or not to hire someone at all. Even though they had (at one point) gotten approval to hire, cutbacks were causing upper management to rethink their decision. The hiring manager elongated the interview process in hopes that I would convince upper management that they really needed me after all.

I did eventually get the contract offer and it turned out to be a good experience. Hang in there Kin.

> Kim wrote:
>
> <<I've been in the industry for about 41/2 years. I've never had so many
> interviews for one position. Usually, its a phone, face-to-face and then
> either an offer or a "thanks but no thanks." Could my out of state status (and
> possible relocation expenses) be the cause? The economy? I'd love to hear
> what everyone thinks! Thanks!>>

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com