Re: Basing Word styles on Normal or Body Text?

Subject: Re: Basing Word styles on Normal or Body Text?
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <mark_levinson -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 00:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

If I understand the point correctly, by
default a file uses the Normal.dot template
and by default a file uses the Normal style
and by necessity the Normal.dot template
includes a Normal style.

So if instead of using Normal style you use
Body Text style as the style on which all others
are based, you're safer because Body Text is
not one of the standard pre-named Word styles
and is thus less likely to get overwritten by the
identically named style in somebody else's
template.

The problem of different but identically named
styles shouldn't occur in a well-organized department,

where everyone uses the same template and styles,
but such a department is still vulnerable if it
ever sends files for reading or processing outside
the department.

I wonder, though... If everyone goes over to
Body Text as a substitute for Normal, won't we
start finding that our Body Text styles overwrite
one another? Shouldn't we base our styles on
really unique names like Bodi Text or Go Bosox Text
or such?

=====
http://search.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.