Re: Editor's Eyes - Signs of the times

Subject: Re: Editor's Eyes - Signs of the times
From: John Fleming <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 19:28:25 -0600

On Sun, 25 May 2003 17:21:17 -0400, in bit.listserv.techwr-l Doc
wrote:

> $I find that technical editing can interfere with recreational reading
> $and television viewing. Lately there has been a TV ad that haunts my
> $editorial eye like the afterimage of a flashbulb.
> $
> $It is for a CD of Christian "Songs of Worship" one of which, according
> $to the subtitle, is "Angus Dei". Holy cow! Shouldn't that be on a
> $Hindu album.

As the old saying goes, "Latin is a dead language, as dead as it
can be. First it killed the Romans, and now it's killing me."

We can't expect an editor with no background in either Latin or
the Ordinary of the mass to know that 'Lamb of God' is Agnus Dei,
and not Angus Dei, can we?

--
John Fleming
Technical Writer