Re: Editor's Eyes - Signs of the times

Subject: Re: Editor's Eyes - Signs of the times
From: Doc <doc -at- vertext -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 22:11:19 -0400

On Sun, 25 May 2003 19:28:25 -0600, John Fleming
<johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
>As the old saying goes, "Latin is a dead language, as dead as it
>can be. First it killed the Romans, and now it's killing me."
>We can't expect an editor with no background in either Latin or
>the Ordinary of the mass to know that 'Lamb of God' is Agnus Dei,
>and not Angus Dei, can we?

Well, if we excoriate technical writers for not having sufficient
background in the technology ... shouldn't we also expect editors of
religious material to have some basis in what they're writing about?

Mind you, I only advance the argument Platonically. I have no doubt
that it was a typo. After all:

To err is human, to forgive bovine.

-Doc
Science is facts; just as houses are made of stone,
so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones
is not a house, and a collection of facts is not
necessarily science.
--Jules Henri Poincaré (1854-1912)
French mathematician.

applications, including Net.