RE: In the Land of the Buttless, the Half-Assed Man is King

Subject: RE: In the Land of the Buttless, the Half-Assed Man is King
From: "Robert Plamondon" <robert -at- plamondon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:53:45 -0700

Andrew writes:

> Great post. Great subject line. Great points.

Aw, shucks. You're embarrassing me.

> My only addition is that in the current job market, the
> writers who are staying employed and doing well are those
> that contribute more than 50% to the project.
> They can contribute technical knowledge to the mix, and that
> significantly raises their value to the organization.

True. I know one writer who turned out the lights at two different
companies, being the last one left. I never hung on so spectacularly, but
usually lasted until the layoff that marked the change from "we are a going
concern" to "we haven't admitted defeat."

Whether this is a good thing or not is arguable, since the psychological
pummeling you take when you're part of a beloved but fast-declining company
is pretty brutal.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon