RE: Set up to Fail

Subject: RE: Set up to Fail
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 28 May 2003 11:23:39 PDT

Actually, I think that just about every project I've ever
done has had some element of that in it. Part of my
project management process has always included an option
to advise the higher-ups that the best-of-all-possible-
worlds goal is unattainable with the resources available and
that it's time to assess the uncompleted portions to assign
priorities and decide which ones should be sacrificed to the
deadline gods.

Gene Kim-Eng