re Set up to Fail

Subject: re Set up to Fail
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <mark_levinson -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 01:05:40 -0700 (PDT)

> Anyone else ever find out that they
> were in a similar situation and how did
> you feel about it?

I was in a similar situation, but continuous.
The department head's deliberate philosophy
was to cry wolf all the time. "If you set an
unrealistic deadline, you know everyone will work
as hard as they can," he said. So nobody knew
which deadlines to take seriously (if any) and
those of the employees who suffered from
pathological conscientiousness (like your
typical technical writer) could never plan
vacations in advance because "after the
deadline" meant only "shortly before the
new deadline." My solution was to apply for
a transfer to a different department, but
when word got out that the new department
had accepted me, the old department got the
jump on them and fired me from the company...

=====
http://calendar.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com