RE: FrameMaker Template Woes

Subject: RE: FrameMaker Template Woes
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:34:07 -0400

>>5. Remove any non-essential items (such as <$paranum> tags). Typically,
>>all you really need is the <$paratext> tag, a tab (defined in the
>>Paragraph Tag as a right, dotted tab typically), and the <$paranum> tag.

>From the description of the problem, the TOC paragraph format is defining
numbering AND there's a <$paranum> tag.

To get only 1 instance of Unit#, I'd recommend that you leave the definitions on
the reference page alone. Its undoubtably the paragraph format that has an
autonumbering definition.

TOC entry paragraph formats shouldn't have autonumber definitions. You want the
paragraph numbering as defined in the source files not numbering recalculated by
the TOC.

As the original poster seemed to indicate that even blank lines had this
numbering, a rework of all the paragraph formats used in the TOC may be in
order.

Eric L. Dunn

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com