Re: Drafts Back in Time

Subject: Re: Drafts Back in Time
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:11:48 -0700 (PDT)

I never understood why people get so uptight about reviews.

I suspect (and I am not pointing at any one in particular, so don't
take this personally) that a lot of writers depend on the review
process because they are unsure about the content. They are using the
review cycle as part of their content development process, instead of
as a final sanity check.

My usual position on reviews:

1. My work is continuously available for review at [some lan/web
address]
2. If you require reviews, fine. You know where it is; go knock
yourself out.
3. You are all big boys and girls. If you are supposed to review this
stuff, then just go do it. Or not; after all it is *your* policy.
4. I am not the review police, and I am not a human file server for
distributing review copies.
5. If you send back comments, I'll evaluate them and use them if they
are helpful -- thanks.
6. If you don't send anything back, that's fine too. I've got other
work to do.

Mike O.

http://calendar.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.