RE: (no subject)

Subject: RE: (no subject)
From: John Cornellier <cornellier1 -at- stavanger -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:42:00 +0200

Are you saying we'll never see the likes of this "microprocessor revolution" again?

Aren't there many other technologies coming into play which will put more "immature technologies in front of a public"? I'm thinking: networking, storage, displays, the media distribution revolution that is starting....

Is there any evidence that the market for generic technical writers has been any harder hit than that for generic programmers?

Besides, even "mature" consumer appliances are often just as difficult to use as they always were. In the last twenty years or so we've seen VCRs come and go, and mine is still blinking "12:00".

John Cornellier

At 10:52 05.06.2003 -0400, Mark Baker wrote:

>The microprocessor created a temporary
>bubble in demand for technical writers because it put so many immature
>technologies in front of a public...
>This phase of the microprocessor revolution is largely over and we are
> returningto normal levels of demand for technical writers.

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com