Re: RE: Bubble Your Pleasure, Bubble Your Fun

Subject: Re: RE: Bubble Your Pleasure, Bubble Your Fun
From: John Cornellier <cornellier1 -at- stavanger -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:16:19 +0200

I know of one large retailer of appliances, and electronics which promotes user friendly products. Some products carry a special label indicating products where are "simple
to install, simple to use, simple to maintain".

The labelling is based on their own usability testing and round tables with customers.

Since they have a policy of "100 per satisfaction -- no questions asked money back, etc" it is in the store's interest only to sell products the customer can use easily. Here's
a blurb (in French)

http://www.boulanger.fr/fr/engagements/index.shtml

Among other things, it says on the page "Currently 88 per cent of people aged 25-35 state the ease of use is an important requirement, the purpose of which is to save
time" (my translation).

Usability is more in demand, and that will be passed on to manufacturers.

John Cornellier

2003-06-06 19:37:38, "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
>I get your point about large sellers demanding good documentation for
>the products they sell, though I can't say I've seen this in action.

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com